MICRO – The Expanding Universe
Sharing is Nice
Upload this self-grading, supplemental microlearning package to your LMS or VLE for students to learn anytime, anywhere. The Expanding Universe gives students an insight into how the universe is expanding and will save you time and preparation work.
This self-contained Micro includes a lesson, interactive glossary flip cards, thought-provoking questions, and a knowledge check quiz. It gives you unlimited options so that you can choose how you want to use it, whether you decide to include it as part of other teaching or let it stand on its own.
Micros are ideal for anytime, anywhere learning so that students can complete it in their own time and at their own pace. The Micro reports the Knowledge Check Quiz score to your LMS or VLE so that you can see how well your students understood the material.
This is an invaluable tool for both you and your students and allows you to gauge their knowledge while saving you time. Each license allows for 1 instructor, 1 course, and unlimited students! And you can use and re-use year after year, for significant cost savings.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE – SAFE & SECURE
When you purchase, enter the number of licenses (1 license = 1 instructor, 1 course, & unlimited students).
Part 5 of 5: Galaxies
Level: High school, Advanced Placement and college; science and general studies
Product Type: Micro
File Type: SCORM Package (.zip)
File Size: 1.8 MB
License: Perpetual. 1 instructor, 1 course, unlimited students. Reuse year after year. Free updates for 1 year.
- Easy, one-click upload to your LMS
- Automatic Grading and Reporting to your LMS gradebook
- Knowledge Check Quiz (4 questions)
- Instant Quiz Feedback to Students
- Randomized Questions and Answers
- Students see their progress and must complete each part in order
- Looks great on every computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone
- Interactive Glossary Flip Cards
- Free Updates and Product Support
This lesson is part of the Galaxies Macro, which makes up the Astronomy course. All content is rigorously peer-reviewed by educators. This lesson contains the following:
- Introduction to Galaxies
- Introduction to The Expanding Universe
- Slipher’s Pioneering Observations
- Hubble’s Law
- Hubble’s Law and Distances
- Variations of Hubble’s Constant
- Models for an Expanding Universe
- Knowledge Check
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to:
- Describe the discovery that galaxies getting farther apart as the universe evolves
- Explain how to use Hubble’s law to determine distances to remote galaxies
- Describe models for the nature of an expanding universe
- Explain the variation in Hubble’s constant
Our packages are published as SCORM .zip files and most Learning Management Systems (LMS) will accept these types of packages, however ensure that your LMS accepts SCORM packages before purchasing this product.
Due to the wide variety of Learning Management Systems and computer and mobile devices in use, occasionally a wireless connection may be dropped and communication to the LMS interrupted. Therefore, it is not recommended to use this product for any high-stakes summative assessment.