July 13, 2017 at 11:01 am #1948Blending EducationKeymaster
Crossword Puzzle ACTIVITIES from Blending Education contain the following files:
A zip file containing:
The activity (.zip file) that you upload to your LMS
A printable PDF file
** YOU MUST UPLOAD THE ZIP FILE (WITHOUT UNPACKING IT) TO YOUR LMS **
FREE resources are licensed under a CREATIVE COMMONS BY-NC-SA. Licensees may copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and make derivative works and remixes based on it only for non-commercial purposes. If you use or distribute this resource you must credit with the following attribution:
Made by Blending Education. https://blending.education
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Crossword puzzles that have been purchased are non-transferrable and copyrighted.
In order to use the ACTIVITY with an LMS (Learning Management System), you must be able to upload SCORM .zip packages.
Most LMS are capable of importing SCORM packages, but check with your IT administrator if you aren’t sure.
To use the ACTIVITY without an LMS (note: this will not track the students’ grades), unpack the WEB Only .zip package,
and upload the content files to your website. You can then access the ACTIVITY from the .htm file.
For general help uploading a SCORM package, visit https://blending.education for tutorials and support.
UPLOADING A ACTIVITY TO YOUR LMS
There are many Learning Management Systems out there, but here are instructions for the 2 most common ones.
Refer to your IT department for help with uploading a package to your specific LMS.
1. Go to the content area where you want to upload the ACTIVITY zip package.
2. Select ADD CONTENT > CONTENT PACKAGE (SCORM)
3. Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER and select the .ZIP package (It may be inside a folder, and don’t unzip it first!).
Select SUBMIT. Be patient, it may take a few minutes to upload.
4. Once it is uploaded, you can edit the name, and add a description if desired. You can now select your options:
Under SCORM AVAILABILITY > MAKE SCORM AVAILABLE select YES (**This is required**)
You can choose the number of attempts, availability dates and other options here as well.
Under GRADING, you may change the TITLE and/or set a DUE DATE.
It is recommended that you do not make any other changes in GRADING unless you are familiar with these settings.
5. Select SUBMIT.
6. A Grade Center column is created and the grades will be entered automatically when students complete the ACTIVITY.
More information can be found at Blackboard’s website here: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Moodlerooms/Teacher/Content/Activities/SCORM_Package
Quick method: (Note – does not work with versions of Internet Explorer earlier than IE10)
1. Click the ‘Turn editing on’ button at the top right of the course page.
2. Drag and drop the ACTIVITY zip file onto the course section where you’d like it to appear.
3. Answer ‘Add a SCORM package’ to the popup dialogue asking what you want to do with the zip file then click the upload button.
4. If necessary, edit the title of the file by clicking the pencil icon, or edit other options (see below) by clicking the editing icon.
1. Click the ‘Turn editing on’ button at the top right of the course page
2. Click the ‘Add an activity or resource’ link in the section you wish to add your ACTIVITY zip package, then in the activity chooser, select SCORM package then click the Add button (or select ‘SCORM package’ from the ‘Add an activity’ dropdown menu).
3. Enter a name and a description (which may be required or optional according to the admin settings).
4. Either drag and drop the ACTIVITY package zip file into the box with an arrow or click the Add button to open the File picker menu in order to choose a file from your computer or a repository
5. Select display and other options as required (see below)
6. Click the button ‘Save and display’ at the bottom of the page
You can edit or update the ACTIVITY later by clicking on the edit icon (usually a hand/pen) or by clicking on its name and then Settings > SCORM/AICC administration > Edit settings.
More information can be found at Moodle’s website here: https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/SCORM_settings
HELP AND TROUBLESHOOTING
If you have purchased this ACTIVITY and have a valid license code or purchase receipt, you can get support from the Blending Education community:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
©Blending Education. All rights reserved.
By using or purchasing this product you have agreed to all of the Terms and Conditions. Read the full terms and conditions on https://blending.education
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.