Installing & Using the BLENDING EDUCATION Microlearning Library App in Agilix Buzz
These are instructions for setting up the free Blending Education App in your Agilix Buzz LMS. The free App contains hundreds of free resources from every course. If you would like to purchase any courses or the entire library, please visit https://blending.education/app to get institutional pricing information.
Once you install the free Blending Education App, the free lessons and any courses you have purchased will automatically appear.
STEP 1: ADD BLENDING EDUCATION AS AN LTI 1.3 TOOL PROVIDER
The free BLENDING EDUCATION App must be added to your Buzz LMS on an institutional level. After you add BLENDING EDUCATION as an LTI Tool Provider, you’ll generate credentials, including your unique Client ID and Deployment ID. You must then supply us with your generated credentials. You can start using the BLENDING EDUCATION App once we have verified your credentials.
1) As an Administrator, go to the Admin App
2) Select the three vertical dots (More) and choose Domain Settings
3) Under the LTI 1.3 tools heading, select ADD
4) Title – Anything you like, such as Microlearning Library or Blending Education App
5) Description – Optional; may we suggest: Get “on-demand” lessons delivered directly to your course in Science, Math, Social Sciences, Humanities, Student Success, Business, Law, and AP®.
6) Enter/choose the following settings:
Tool hostname: ltiaas.blending.space
OpenID connect login URL: https://ltiaas.blending.space/login
Tool key set URL: https://ltiaas.blending.space/keys
Tool redirect URL: https://ltiaas.blending.space/ (NOTE: Make sure to add the “/” at the end)
User data sent at launch dropdown — leave the defaults checked (Given name, Family name, Display name, and Email)
LTI services dropdown — all three should be checked (Assignment and grade, Names and role provisioning, and Deep linking)
Deep-linking redirect URL: https://ltiaas.blending.space/ (NOTE: Make sure to add the “/” at the end)
Check the boxes for Domain-wide (applies to descendent domains) and Enabled
7) Select DONE, SAVE, OK, and then refresh your browser.
STEP 2: COPY & SEND US YOUR CREDENTIALS
1) Copy and paste your credentials and send them to email@example.com along with your name, institution, phone number and any courses or libraries that you would like to purchase.
2) We will register your App on our system. Note that you will see the error message “Unregistered Platform” until we connect you. Once your App is registered with us, every teacher in your institution will be able to use it instantly to add lessons to their courses. We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as we register you.
STEP 3: ADD RESOURCES FROM THE BLENDING EDUCATION APP to your Course (Teacher)
1) In your course in Buzz, go to where you would like to add a resource, then choose Add Activity
2) Select External Tools, then select the BLENDING EDUCATION App
3) The Resource Selector appears. You can select a resource or search for resources in the Search box. Select the resource you want, then choose Select. The resource is now added to your course! Close the window to return to your course page. You will see your new resource.
Each time you add a resource, a grade column will be created within your Buzz LMS Gradebook. Once students complete the lesson, grades will appear. Grades can take up to 1 minute after a lesson is completed to appear in your Gradebook.
All resources allow just one attempt, regardless of how many attempts you specify. If you would like students to have more attempts, then you can add additional instances of the resource (repeat steps 1 through 3).
For more information, visit Agilix Buzz: https://support.agilix.com/hc/en-us/articles/208073246-How-do-I-create-activities-with-Learning-Tools-Interoperability-LTI-1-1-and-1-3-
For questions or support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the BLENDING EDUCATION App?
The BLENDING EDUCATION Microlearning Library App is an online learning repository that contains thousands of self-grading microlearning lessons that you can use instantly in your course in your LMS. Aligned with OpenStax, you can choose from lessons in Science, Math, Social Sciences, Humanities, Student Success, Business, Law, and AP® & more.
What is the difference between the BLENDING EDUCATION App and subscribing to a course in the BLENDING SPACE?
Courses purchased through our shop are discounted and licensed for teachers. The BLENDING EDUCATION App contains lessons from all of our courses and is licensed for the entire institution. Lessons are accessed individually through the institution’s LMS and added to courses. Neither teachers nor students need to create accounts/log in. The App is a yearly subscription licensed on an institutional level, and allows every teacher within the institution access to unlimited individual lessons to use and re-use in unlimited courses and with unlimited students.
For hosted BLENDING SPACE courses, teachers can purchase an individual subscription to any course for $199 per year, and use the single course with all of their classes. Courses are for teachers who want a ready-to-use course for just their own classes. Both teachers and students will create an account and log in to the hosted BLENDING SPACE.
Is the BLENDING EDUCATION App really free? What is the cost to students?
You can install and use the App absolutely free! There are hundreds of free lessons that you can use without purchasing a subscription to the library or courses. There is no cost to students, and you can use all of the lessons with unlimited students throughout your institution.
Where can I install the BLENDING EDUCATION App?
Institutions can install the App in any LMS that accepts LTI 1.3 Advantage external tools: Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, D2L Brightspace, Sakai, and others.
Currently, Schoology and Google Classroom do not support LTI 1.3 yet, but when they do the App will work with them.
Where can I get help installing or using the App?
Check our Support page for installation instructions and frequently asked questions. Or, if you need more help, you can open a support ticket.
I’m a teacher, how do I get courses through the App?
Ask your institution to install the App and contact us for pricing.
To use the App, you must supply us with your Client ID so that we can register your institution on our Platform. After installing the App, you will receive the following error message until we register you:
This is normal; once we register you, you’ll be able to use the App. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, institution, and phone number to register, or for more information.