H5P is a free e-learning resource that lets you create simple interactive content like interactive videos, quizzes, games, presentations, and more. H5P has a free plugin just for Moodle. With the H5P plugin you can create all types of H5P interactions. The best part is, you can edit your H5P interactions right in Moodle and share them with others, if you like, who can also edit them, or embed them if you choose. H5P is a truly ideal way to create portable, editable learning objects. You can also track your learners’ progress and scores.
There is an H5P plugin for Moodle and it needs to be installed by an administrator, who should also grant you rights to use it to create and edit other H5P interactions. Here are the instructions, slightly modified from those on the h5p.org website for Installing H5P on Moodle.
So let’s get down to it. How can we use H5P on Moodle?
Let’s Create an H5P Activity
- Log in as an administrator or a user that has the permission to create H5Ps inside a course.
- Go to the course you wish to add the H5P content to.
- Select “Add an activity or resource”.
- Select H5P – “Interactive Content”.
- You are now able to choose whether to “upload” or “create” H5P content.
- Finish uploading or creating your H5P content.
- Choose options whether to let others download or embed your interaction.
- Save the activity.
Here’s a free H5P activity for you to try. Let us know what you think!