Learn how fast and easy it is to upload a Micro to Blackboard Learn LMS.
It’s really simple and quick to upload your Micro packages to Blackboard Learn.
Each Micro from Blending Education that you download contains a .zip file that you can upload to Blackboard.
To find the package that you need to upload to Blackboard, you simply unpack the .zip file that you downloaded by double-clicking it. (The .zip file you downloaded contains other files, such as instructions, along with the Micro .zip file). After you unpack it, you then upload the Micro .zip file from the unpacked folder to Blackboard. Here’s how:
Uploading a Micro to Blackboard Learn
- Go to the content area where you want to upload the MICRO zip package.
- Select ADD CONTENT > CONTENT PACKAGE (SCORM)
- Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER and select the .zip file (It may be inside a folder, and don’t unzip it first!). Select SUBMIT. Be patient, it may take a few minutes to upload. You can usually see the upload percentage in the bottom left corner of your browser.
- Once it is uploaded, you can edit the name, and add a description if desired.
- You now select your options:
- Under SCORM AVAILABILITY > MAKE SCORM AVAILABLE select YES (**This is required**)
- You can choose the number of attempts, availability dates and other options here as well.
- Under GRADING, you may change the TITLE and/or set a DUE DATE. NOTE: It is recommended that you do not make any other changes in GRADING unless you are familiar with these settings.
- Select SUBMIT. A Grade Center column is created and the grades will be entered automatically when students complete the MICRO.
In order to use the MICRO with Blackboard, you must be able to upload SCORM .zip packages. This is a standard feature with Blackboard, but may in some rare cases have been turned off in your system. Check with your IT administrator if you aren’t sure. More information can be found at Blackboard’s website here: https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Moodlerooms/Teacher/Content/Activities/SCORM_Package Want to try out a Micro? Download one FREE from our Shop! Have any questions about uploading Micros to Blackboard? Ask them in our Community.